Cheesy Mashed Tater & Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Sooo one evening while my love was away, I was going through my thousands of recipes and couldn't decide on a single thing to make, so I created these mouthgasmic things instead.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 or more strips of bacon (I used turkey bacon because thats all I happened to have at the time)
- 1 pouch cheesy instant mashed potatoes
- 2 slices cheese, I used colby-jack
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups italian bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, pepper, and whatever else you wish to mix in with the bread crumbs
- lots of toothpicks!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare mashed potatoes as directed on package.
- Cook bacon til yummy and crispy.
- Flatten chicken breasts out as much as possible.
- Put a spoonful of mashed potatoes in the middle of the chicken breasts, then add bacon on top of the taters (you'll have to break the bacon up into a few pieces).
- Roll the chicken breasts up and hold together with toothpicks. *Beware, this gets messy!
- Beat egg in shallow dish.
- Mix breadcrumbs, parm cheese, and all your yummy spices in another shallow dish.
- Dip the messy yummy chicken in the egg, then bread crumbs, then put them in a greased baking dish. *Feel free to pat some extra bread crumbs on, its hard to get the crumbs in all the crevices.
- I honestly forgot how long I cooked these for, so just keep an eye on them, cook for about 15 minutes and see how its goin.
- Put slices of cheese on top of each breast for the last 5 minutes of baking, or just until melted.
- Serve with whats left of the mashed potatoes.
- Bon Appetit!