Looking for a fancy way to make the plain jane boring Chicken Alfredo? Here it is! This is quite simple and quite delicious, baked with cheesy, crunchy goodness spread all over the top.
Next time I make this I want to try it with homemade alfredo sauce, but I just haven't found a reliable recipe to make as my go-to alfredo. Any suggestions?!
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) fettuccine pasta
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
-1/4 cup + 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Dice chicken into cubes, season with salt & pepper, and cook in skillet. Add the minced garlic to the skillet. Cook chicken thoroughly.
3. While chicken is cooking, boil water and cook fettuccine only halfway through (it will cook more in the oven).
4. In a 9x13 baking dish, combine the pasta, chicken, alfredo sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, salt & pepper to taste, minced onion, and a dash of Italian seasoning. Top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
5. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
6. While the chicken alfredo is baking, melt the 2 tbsp. butter in a small skillet. Add the panko bread crumbs and saute until they are golden brown.
7. When the dish has been baking for 30 minutes, take it out and sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes.